Monday, June 6, 2011

All Quiet On The Edmonton Front

I've been quiet the past few days, haven't written anything and it's no that I have nothing to say I think I'm just wanting to quietly take this all in. Maybe I'm kind of shock, and kind of just in amazement that the Canucks have actually made it this far. I've been waiting 24 years for this and it may actually be happening. 2 more wins...2!... that's all that is needed.

I always imagined myself being in Vancouver taking it all in on the streets when and if the Canucks ever won the Stanley Cup, or made it this far. I am not, and can not be (unless of course , someone wants to sponsor me, my boyfriend and our 2 kids to get back to Vancouver). Anyway, thanks to sites like Twitter and Facebook I am able to see pictures and videos of people celebrating and just quietly take it all in alone on my couch. Whether I'm here or there, it has been an amazing run and I'm extremely excited for the next week or so to come.

This whole Burrows finger biting thing is getting way out of hand. Why aren't people still talking about the Horton non suspension for the water bottle incident? Ok, I realize I laughed and still laugh at the Ballard water bottle incident so I shouldn't really talk about the Horton one. It's got to the point now though that Bruins fans are making comments on twitter about running over Canucks players (Lapierre, Burrows) if they saw them. Even though they aren't serious, at least I hope not, you don't say crap like that! Some Oilers fans have been just as bad, as if their team is perfect. Not all Canucks fans like what Burrows did, or what Lapierre did the next game, so stop generalizing us all. Bruins players aren't perfect, Oilers aren't perfect.  While on this subject though, even though I may not completely agree with him... I absolutely love Jason Botchford in this clip.

Ballard hasn't been playing and word out of practice is he wont be playing tonight. I gave up my some what irrational hate for Aaron Rome as he has proven he can be....alright...... but the whole subject still bugs me. I have nothing good to say about it, so I wont. I just hope we see Ballard in at least 1 Stanley Cup Final game.

Go Canucks Go

No comments:

Post a Comment