Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I suck, but It's Playoff Time!!!

I haven't updated in a week, I am a horrible blogger. I'm going to blame it on the fact I've been off in lala land on pain killers dealing with an abscess tooth and trying to write something while like that is like asking Keith Ballard to score a goal. The pain is disgusting, I've had 2 kids, broken every finger on both hands, cracked my head open, broke my wrist twice and suffer from migraines that can hospitalize me, and NOTHING compares to the pain of a damn abscess tooth. The little bastard is gone now so I'm ready to move on, get off the pain killers and get back to business. I promise better stuff over the Playoffs.


Playoff time!... What does that mean for me? Not eating on game days. Sometimes I can get down breakfast and some lunch but dinner is definitely a no go, my stomach is way to crazy from being way to excited about the game. Perhaps I get a little to excited, but that's just me. I am more excited about this year then any other year in my 24 years of being a fan. I am not afraid of the Blackhawks, at all, one major reason for this is Dustin Byfuglien. I wasn't on twitter last year, which is a whole new exciting thing I'm seeing come this time of year, but if you are on my facebook you know my dislike for this guy. I believe my mom even had to tell me to watch my mouth after one game when I went off about him, and she never usually cares. However, in this game he 1. Scored a goal, 2. Screened Luongo which lead to a goal. 3. Drew a penalty (Shane O' Brien) which lead to a power play goal. That guy just makes my skin crawl, I can't stand him. I don't even like what I've seen of him off ice, but then again I usually avoid it, so maybe he is a decent person. (kind of like good ol' Patrick Kane. Ian Walker managed to change my views on him today, take a look)

Keith Ballard says he doesn't know how it can get much louder then it already is in this great piece by Jeff Paterson. Well Keith, you have no clue what you are in for, prepare your ears now.  The playoff atmosphere at Gm Place Rogers Arena is absolutely crazy, I've been there, done that. I wish I could experience it again, or just the hype in the city this time of year. Instead, I will sit alone in my living room with my (hopefully. Canada Post is going to be sorry they ever accepted my call if it's not here today) Ballard jersey on cheering my little heart out. I'd be  waving a towel to, if I had one.  Perhaps I'll even crack open a beer, it's been a long stressful week and I need it.

From @VanCanucks "Ballard on making his playoff debut: "This is what we live for. I have some butterflies, but that's natural, this is huge."


I'm ready....are you? 

2 comments:

  1. G

    http://www.straight.com/article-385075/vancouver/vancouver-canucks-defenceman-keith-ballard-looks-forward-stanley-cup-playoffs

    “This is a loud building, and our fans are awesome,” he says of his first taste of life in a crazed hockey market. “I asked someone the other day, ‘How much louder can it get?’ I’m excited. I’ve thought about it, but there’s only so much thinking about it and asking questions about it. You just have to be in there and experience it, and I think it’ll be a lot of fun.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!...I've had that article all along....see how out of it I am! hah :)

    ReplyDelete